Monday 20 February 2023

Back to Work

I had a great week off work, I slept well and felt relaxed, contented and more my usual self by the end of it. Unfortunately it had to come to an end and it was time to get back on the hamster wheel of work and back to being anxious, stressed, snappy and crabby and as time goes by I get to resent it more and more. I have always tried to hope that things at work will get better but it seems to be just an endless downward spiral with no change on the horizon, very sad.

Anyway, I was due back to work for 2 night shifts starting on Tuesday 14th February and so we took our usual Plymouth Hoe walk at lunchtime in bright and sunny conditions. As expected there was no sign of the Purple Sandpipers again but I did find 2 female type Black Redstarts feeding together at Rusty Anchor. They were flitty and mobile as usual but lovely to watch as they flashed their red tails in the sunshine. 

Black Redstart

Black Redstart

I had hoped that they were a good omen for my return to work but it wasn't to be with 2 challenging night shifts subsequently endured.

Hey Ho. 

No comments:

Post a Comment