Wednesday 24 July 2019

Birdy 2019 Fledges

We didn't get back to Plymouth until after 1am on Sunday 21st July due to the 3 hour flight delay on our flight home from Madeira but as we parked up the car I could hear a tawny owl calling in the nearby park, the first I have heard here for a few years now.

The next morning I checked out the flat roof next door to see Birdy 2019 was still present and looking hale and hearty. Still noisy and the roof was covered in poop but he (assuming he is a he) was looking like he was ready to fledge with just a few bits of downy fluff around his neck and lots of wing flapping and launching up into the air.


 Birdy 2019
Birdy and Mum/Dad

Birdy the Herring Gull

He was still present on Monday 22nd July and again the next morning when I left for work at 6:45am but when I returned home from work at 8:45pm he had gone.

So no more early morning noise from Birdy or his parents and hopefully the next bout of rain will wash a lot of the poop away but I am going to miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment